Wednesday 18 April 2018

Nurgle Faun



With my Great Unclean One competition coming up in two weeks, I thought you all needed some Nurgle inspiration! Here is my first Nurgle Faun. I'm planning to make a small warband of these guys. I'll paint them to match my Poxwalkers and and the Black Pox Pestigor warband I made last year. However, I'll try to keep the technological parts to a minimum, so I also can use the fauns as a warband for AoS28.

I filmen all the steps when I painted this guy. I'm planning to make a YouTube channel and start making a few painting and converting videos. But editing videos are harder and more time consuming than I thought, so it'll still be a little while until the first video is done. 






The Faun are based on a Plaguebearer with Tyranid Gaunt legs. The hands and axe are form a Poxwalker, and the head is from an Empire Flagellant. 


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work (if gorgeous is a word that could ever be applied to a disgusting rot monster)! I'd have never considered using Tyranid bits on a humanoid; I really need to start thinking outside the box. Are you planning to do any characters/monsters to go with the warband?

    Aye, video editing is a bit of a time sink. It gets easier with practice, but unfortunately always takes a good bit of time. It'll be worth it though! I look forward to seeing your process in real time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!
      I'm planning some kind of mounted knight for the warband. But I don't really have a plan for it.

      Delete
  2. That is awesome. Where would we be without the Flagellant box set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I try to use other heads on my conversions, but in the end the ones from the Flagellants are always best!

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is great! The Tyranid legs are unexpected, but work very nicely (and are certainly cheaper than those wood elf deer). Great posing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!
      I've made a few conversions with the deer legs as well. But they are a lot thinner, so Tyranid legs definitely work better on Plaguebearers.

      Delete
  4. Creepy looking sod. Perfectly suited to a Garden of Nurgle setting. Wonder what his pan-pipes would be made from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be your first subscriber. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete