Thursday, 21 January 2016

WIP: Putrid Blightkings Terminators

In the last couple of posts, I've concentrated on posting the models that I painted last year. So I think its time to share some of my more recent hobby progress. last night I browsed through a couple of warhammer related sites on the internet. I got really inspired when I saw the death guard terminator conversions by Between the Bolter and Me, and the beautifully painted Blightkings on Convertorum.

First I tried to convert a true-scale Death Guard Marine (the one in the middle),  and started carving away a FW Death guard torso+head and a Blightking. I managed to remove too much of both the FW bit and the Blightking, so the model ended up having no back. I then decided to go with something else, and gave it a terminator back. This turned out nicely, since Terminators and Blightkings have the same scale. Before I knew it, I had made another one. To complete the squad I built three more today. 

I still need to add details, greenstuff and nurgleifying the Terminator parts a bit. I think I'm going to try adding some GW crackle-paint to some spots of their armour to give them a heavily weathered appearance . 






6 comments:

  1. These terminators look great! Doing all of this in an evening or two is pretty impressive. The Blightkings really do work well with terminator parts. I cannot wait to see them finished!

    Oh, and thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to see more people trying to convert Space Marines with the plastic Blightkings! I love what you have done with the squad thus far. The Cataphractii terminator arms work really well on the models. It looks like you have integrated the backs of the terminators really well too (I had a heck of a time trying to integrate the resin ones on the three I have converted...)

    Keep up the great work! I look forward to seeing where these guys go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a lot of inspiration from the work you did on yours, so I'm glad you like them!

      Delete
  3. Wow!
    They look amazing - to second what Eric said - five of these in two nights is scary fast and thank´s for the shout out..

    The last one really needs some 40k-fication on the scythe and there´s some severe moldlines that needs to be removed (but I´m certain that´s all part the plan).

    Jolly good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I still have to clean them up and add green stuff, which is what takes the longed time. Thanks for the tip on the scythe. I think I'll add a small power-box with some cables attached to it.

      Delete