Saturday, 28 February 2015

Ninjas-Clowns from Space (Harlequins)

Finished my Harlequin squad yesterday evening. Just in time for the competition today. I'm very happy with the resolute. Flashy colours and space elves was never really my thing. But I managed to convert and paint a box of harlequins in my style, which was what I was hoping for. Even though I probably won't paint more Eldar any time soon, it was nice to have a little brake from Chaos and painting something a bit more colourful than usual. 

Tuesday, 24 February 2015

Gameboard WIP

A couple of months ago, I started working on a gaming board in between other projects. After making the display board for my Tyranid army, I really wanted a gaming board in the same style. So far it consists of 6 tiles, 2' x 2'. The same size as a Realm of Battle board from GW. Four of the tiles has been detailed and primed. I've also started a bit on the painting process. The project is fun. And it's relaxing to paint large areas of ground, in between detailed miniature projects. 

The Harlequins are starting to look finished. Just a few details, and bases that needs to be done. I'll post some photos of them this weekend.

Sunday, 15 February 2015

Tyranid Army

I decided to take some better pictures of m Tyranids. This time I used a white background, instead of photographing the whole Armies on Parade board.  I think they turned out pretty good. Enjoy!

Tuesday, 10 February 2015

Space Hulk Genestealers

I finisher the first eight of the Genestealers from the Space Hulk box. I bought two sets of the Space Hulk Genestealers, so there are more to come.

I also got a little paint on the Harlequin squad.

Sunday, 8 February 2015

Harlequin WIP

Every month there is a painting competition at my local GW store. This time the category is Infantry unit. I never really cared much for Space Elves, but was dared by one of the staff members to enter the competition with a squad of Harlequins. I agreed, and worked on converting a five man squad yesterday. There are some good bits in the Harlequin box, but the legs are not among them. I only used one pair of original legs, and had to alter the pose a bit. The rest have legs from Dark Eldar and Witch Elves kits.

I also made a small display board for the squad, in the same style as my Great Unclean One's base from my last post. I'll add crazy eyes and other daemon stuff to the base soon.

This is what I've done so far:

Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Great Unclean One Photoshoot 2

Yesterday I decided to take some better pictures of my Forge World Great Unclean One. Here are the result of the photoshoot. The pictures are still not perfect, there are still too many shadows and the background isn't completely white. But they are a lot better than last time, and the model still looks pretty good. Enjoy!

It's hard to get a picture of both the model and the tree from a good angle but this gives an idea of the whole thing. 

 Lastly I made a picture collage of all the eyes on the daemon's base and on the tree.

Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Space Hulk Genestealers WIP

Started on the Genestealers from Space Hulk. I decided to paint them to match the rest of my Tyranid army, instead of the classic SH Genestealer colours. I mounted them on the new 32 mm bases. These bases was perfect for the models, because I didn't have to remove too much of the original base.
This is what I've done so far. More updates on the Space Hulk box will follow soon.

Lastly a sneak peek of another project that I'm working on.