Tuesday 28 June 2016

WilhelMiniatures on Instagram!

I'm going to New York with my father for a week! This also means the blog will be silent for a little while. But before I go, I want to show you some pretty intereting WIP pictures of variuos projects:
(All of these pictures are from my Instagram account. Be sure to check it out HERE while you wait for my glorious return).







These first pictures show some areas of the gaming board I'm currently working on for the Nestorian Infestation project. There are also some sneak peeks of a couple of Techno-barbarians and mutants I'm working on.



It has been a while since I worked on my World Eaters, but I got some motivation when I got my hands on one of the limited Legion Praetors. I did a quick head and weapon swap, which improved the model a lot in my opinion. I'm trying out the Red Butchers colour scheme from some of the latest artworks from Forge World.

Remember to check out my Instagram and Facebook, where I sometimes post quick WIP pictures from my desktop.

16 comments:

  1. This is so good! I love the stilt guys!
    I love your whole blog by the way, just had to say!..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!
      The stilt guys are my favourites!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wörgs! Super evocative; pictures start coming to my mind and the guys start moving when i look at those photos. Very great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This "Ur-ghul" headed conversions are sooo cool - and fucking creepy! And cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgoeus work Wilhelm!

    I particularly like your Nestorian Infestation-project and the wonderful Silver Tower miniatures you have been churning out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!
      I'm very exited to play the first round of the Nestorian Infestation with Bigbossredskullz in a couple of months. I hope I'll finish the terrain in time!

      Delete
  6. Those ur-ghul stalker thingies are ace! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not yet sure what they are, and which project they belong to. But they turned out extremely creepy, and they look like a lot of fun to paint.

      Delete
  7. Loving your work sir!
    Especially your World Eaters. Would you mind telling me how you paint their white armour? Pretty please with loyalist skulls on top? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I actually made a tutorial on how I did the white armour a while back: http://wilhelminiatures.blogspot.no/2015/03/tutorial-heresy-era-world-eater.html

      On this one I did a bit less sponging on the battle damage. I think I over did it a bit on the one in the tutorial.

      Delete
    2. I also primed this model black, and not white. This made the grey basecoat a bit darker, making an even stronger contrast between the light and dark areas.

      Delete