Monday 28 March 2016

Armies on Parade 2015 part VIII: Kastelan Robots

Today I have another Unit from my Armies on Parade 2015 army that I want to show you, the Mechanicus Kastelan Robots. When GW released these models, I was quite surprised. When I first heard of them I was expecting boxes with legs, like Space Marine Dreadnoughts, as GW usually do. But these guys don't have any sharp edges at all. The first time I saw them, I didn't like them very much. Probably because of their wired looking round heads. But I did however buy a box. And after switching out their heads, with the ones from FWs Thallax Cohort, they looked a lot more fitting in the 40k universe.

The Robots were painted in the same way as the Imperial Knight I posted last week. A layer of black was chipped off showing the red underneath by using the hairspray technique. I didn't have much time left before the competition when I did these, and I think they turned out a bit boring. I should have painted some plates in a different colour, or given them a chess-pattern on some of the plates like I did with the Knight. But there weren't any time left. I am however quite pleased with the result, and they fit nicely in with the rest of the army. 













4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the bare metal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm quite pleased with the metal. I did a lot of drybrushing and glazing with different coloured GW shades.

      Delete
  2. Nice take on the castellans! Those thallax heads works really well on them (you really can´t build these without replacing the Robby the Robot heads can you...?)
    The chipped paint effect is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree! But they actually looks great when you switch out their heads. I've seen a lot of completely different conversions based on them.

      Delete