Thursday 11 January 2018

Competition: Great Unclean One



2018 will be the year of the Great Unclean one. With a brand new miniature from GW representing the Greater Daemon, I think it’s time for a competition on this blog.

How to enter the competition:

Make your representation of a Great Unclean One.

You can choose whatever artform/miniature you want. With the new GUO from GW I hope to see a lot of entries based on this miniature, but you don’t have to use it. I’ll accept older versions of the daemon, the Forge World version or your own sculpts. I’ll even accept GUO artworks (paintings, drawings, digital art, etc.). The only criterion is that it has to be a finished representation of the GUO. If you enter a miniature it has to be fully painted. You don’t have to convert the miniature, but it’s recommended to do so to make it unique.

If you enter a miniature, you have to send a minimum of two pictures. Front and back. You can send other angles/details if you like, but no more than five pictures per entry. Work in progress pictures are appreciated, but not mandatory. 

If you enter an artwork, you just have to send one image.

The pictures must be sent to: wilhelminiatures@gmail.com

More information:

The entries must be sent before the end of April: Monday 30th of April at midnight Norwegian time (11.00 PM in Great Britain)

Every accepted entry will be posted on the blog. If you want to write a few words about your thoughts on the project, include them in the mail with the pictures, but no more than 300 words. 

The best three entries will get some sweet prizes!! The prizes will probably be a gold, silver or bronze statue and a small bag of bits for future conversions.

Good luck everyone!



18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Well this is coming along. Thanks for the inspiration.

      https://www.instagram.com/p/BeQTYLsjHDf/?taken-by=mounty_chris

      Delete
  2. Awesome...will get mine tomorrow..wasn't thinking about converting him,..but now I do !

    ReplyDelete
  3. May have to get in on this one, the new model is lovely... but I'd be afraid to convert something of that size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, its scary to convert huge miniatures. But you don't always have to do crazy conversions. Just swapping the weapon, or add some details to it can still make it your own!

      Delete
  4. This looks really interesting. Is it possible to put in more than one entry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can send pictures of more than one miniature if you like. But I only want one entry per person in the competition. So you have to tell me which of them that will be your final entry.

      Delete
  5. I will post some wips on my blog,...would be cool to link our sites in a way that everyone can follow the progress?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good!
      I can post some WIP pictures and links to other sites when more people have started on their entry.

      Delete
  6. I just started building/converting mine last night. I may enter :)

    I'll be sure to grab some in progress shots before carrying on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good :)
      It would be interesting to see some WIP pictures.

      Delete
    2. Even though we're using the hashtag on Instagram as we work, would you still like some of the w.i.p. images sent via email for this?

      Delete
    3. I'll post som WIPs of peoples work when the deadline closes in. I can probably use images from Instagram. But if you want me to post some pictures in higher quality, you can feel free to send some pictures via mail! (The finished entry still needs to be sent via mail).

      Delete
  7. I have lost my mind slightly and have opted to buy a load of the new nurgle stuff that is out; first up was the GUO (I used to have the OLD metal one - top centre - waaaaay back when)

    Count me in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! There are a lot of good stuff in the new Nurgle release.

      Delete