Tuesday 21 March 2017

Desktop of the week VI

Last week I started painting the three new Nurgle followers I shared in my last post. They will hopefully be finished during this week. When I've completed the three models I'll photograph them properly and share them in a larger post.


My local GW store is having a small painting competition in two weeks time, themed plastic Primarch. This means you have to enter either Daemon Magnus or Gulliman. Honestly I think Gulliman is one of the ugliest models GW have ever released. But I still decided to use him for the competition. Yesterday I started playing around with the bits to see if I could fix Gulliman. This is what I've done so far:



10 comments:

  1. Wow, guilliman is looking great. I was hoping someone would butcher him up and see what they could do. Looking at your efforts so far, it encourages me to actually pick it up and have a butcher session of my own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a fun model to work with.

      Delete
  2. Was kind of zoned out flipping through the blog roll. Read your line about "has to be either magnus or Guilliman". My first thought was, "What a weird ass competition". My second thought was holy shit that is genius! Truly that Mortarion rendition is genius. I'm in love with your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Yeah, the competition is a bit wired, but it probably makes more people but the new primarchs.

      Delete
  3. i agree with it being an ugly model, what arm did you use behind the shield though as your conersion looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I used an arm from the blightkings.

      Delete