Tuesday 28 November 2017

My first Primaris

A couple of months ago, me, Rebecca and Erik/Nordic had a Primaris-off! We decided to use a Primaris Marine from the Dark Imperium box and convert it to our own style. But all of us had to convert and paint miniatures for Tor Megiddo, so the others aren't finished yet. I'll make a post with all the Primaris miniatures when the others are finished. 

I wanted my Primaris to still look like a Space Marine, so I didn't convert it much. I just sculpted a few creepy faces on the armour, and gave it a new sword and helmet. 

I painted this guy really quickly, but I think it turned out good. The armour was painted by drybrushing several metallic paints over it, and glazing/shading/blending the colours together with sepia and orange shades. 

I primed the miniatures before the crackle-paint on the base had dried, so the base lost a lot of texture.  I tried fixing this by painting texture on the base, which actually turned out great!






12 comments:

  1. Glorious! Absolutely love it. Understated, menacing and original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work on those creepy faces! Which crackle paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I used the regular GW crackle-paint; Martion Ironeart.

      Delete
  3. It'awesome! Really love the metal, the more you look, the most is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There such mood yo this character. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive painting on the varied metallic tones - I've yet to achieve such subtlety of brushwork with limited palettes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot!
      I really recommend using GW shades as glazes on metallics. It's a lot easier than watering down paints to make glazes.

      Delete