Thursday 3 August 2017

Dark Imperium: Foetid Bloat Drone



My version of the Foetid Bloat Drone from Dark Imperium is of course based on the Foetid Bloat drone. I'm not the biggest fan of the original miniature, so I had to do a few changes to it. The most important thing to change was the pose. I glued together the main parts of the body and held them over the base, trying to figure out which flying pose I wanted. When I found the pose I liked best, the Drones face was pointing upwards, so I had to replace it. I ended up giving it the head from the Skaven ship from Dreadfleet (you can still see the skaven symbol/scar on the side of the head that I forgot to remove). Now the creature looked a lot like a fish, so I have it fins, using the wings from a Nurgle Plague Drone. The claws are from the same kit. 


I painted the Dronething the same way I painted my Poxwalkers (TUTORIAL HERE), washes and glazes over a Corax White undercoat. I also decided to paint the armour black, to contrast the pale flesh. Before I started painting I primed the miniature White, then I covered the flesh with masking tape and sprayed the armour black. The whole miniature was painted in one evening. 

The next unit from Dark Imperium will be some black Plague Marines!











7 comments:

  1. Whoah! That is impressive work. It looks absolutely revolting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A grotesque and at the same time marvelous piece. The pieces fit together so well, one might even forget that it's a conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love that conversion! Really creepy, yet you know what it is still supposed to represent. Awesome stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's ace. It's really creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks excellent. The mouth in particular really suits the rest of the model.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete