Sunday, 30 August 2015

The Beast

I just collected my entry for the open category at The Fang 2015. It has been on display at GW Oslo for the last couple of months, but I finally brought it home, and photographed it. It was hard to get a good photo of this model. A lot of angles looked quite awkward. Therefore I'll just post one of every angle, so you'll get an idea of how it looks in 3D.

This is one of the best models I've painted, and I'm very happy with the result at the fang. It got 1st place in the open category in Oslo, and 2nd at the finals in Stockholm. I hope you like it!

Thanks for looking!

Friday, 28 August 2015

Plague Hounds

I just finished painting the Plague Hounds. I'm quite happy with the result, so have started to make 7 more (the rest of the chaos warhounds box). I think I need some colour variations on the next batch. Any suggestions?

Sunday, 23 August 2015

Plague Hounds WIP

Here are a quick WIP photo of some beasts to go with my Plague Mutans from my last post. I like them so far, so there will probably be 7 more in the near future. 

Thanks for looking!

Wednesday, 19 August 2015

Plague Mutants


Most of the mutants where based on the Goblin Town goblins from GW's The Hobbit range. I really like to convert these models. They are among the most Nurgleish looking models GW has ever made. Even more so than many of GW's Nurgle models! The few heads that where used, where the severed heads from GWs Blight Kings. 
By adding some additional details, I made them look more infected by Nurgles many horrible deceases. The lumps was made by several already dry balls of any sculpting putty I was using at the moment. When finishing a project using green stuff, I often roll small balls of the left over putty for this purpose. To blend the lumps smoothly into the body, I used a lot of thick superglue. I added superglue to the body and dipped it in a bowl filled with the green stuff balls. When the balls had dried in place, I covered them with a second layer of super glue. I sprayed the glue with superglue activator immediately after. This made the glue dry in place, acting like a skin over the lumps, blending them perfectly into the rest of the body. Doing this is a lot more effective than smoothing it all together with green stuff. 

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

More Sigmarines and INQ28 models in the making.

I have to start this post by apologising the lack of updates during the summer. I've been away for the most part of the holiday. But now I'm back, and have an update on my INQ28 project that I would like to share.

I have made two more true-scale Space Marines based on the Stormcast Eternals from the AoS starter set. One is ready for paint, and the other just needs some green-stuff work.

I have also put together some Mechanicus models to go with the rest of my inq28 warband. I still need to fill some gaps, and add additional details.